Wednesday, March 19, 2008

SICCO and other good news...

What is SICCO you may ask? It is the name of the new local chapter of Sisters In Crime that myself and a new writing group I have joined are forming. SICCO will stand for Sisters in Crime Columbus Ohio.

I was fortunate to meet the woman who will be our chapter president at my RWA chapter meeting this past weekend. I was very excited to hear that there were other local mystery writers.

They also have a critique group which I feel will be helpful to me as well.

I have also learned that I was accepted into the Mentor program that Romance Divas runs. I cannot tell you how excited I am. All of the mentees are "patiently" waiting to learn about who our mentors are.

Lastly, today I accepted a new position at a Marketing research firm. The job will begin Monday. I will make more per hour than the last job, health benefits and a 401K!

Wish me luck in all these endevours :)

I will be back tommorrow with Thursday Thirteen.

Have a great night!

No comments: