Friday, March 7, 2008

Snow Snow go away come again another day

As I am typing this we are expecting "The biggest winterstorm Ohio has seen this year"

UGH!

Its spring time, is it too much to ask for a little cooperation from Mother Nature? Next month is my birthday and I am putting my request in NOW, right this minute for a nice sunny springy day! I will expect nothing else lol.

Lucky DH gets to escape this Snow City for Las Vegas :( He sucks lol.

However my mom and I have planned a girls weekend. Watching old movies, making homemade pizza and snuggling up with the fuzzy kids (My mom's dogs). Casablanca, and The Sting just to name a couple.

I also have my responsibilities to my girls in my troop. We are selling GS cookies this weekend.

On the Writing front, I had a quite successul day yesterday. I spent my time challenging over at Romance Divas with some of the new friends I have made over there. All in all I ended up writing over 900 words on a new WIP I started on wednesday.

I am some pages short of my challenge for my PowerDraft challenge, but I hope to finish strong and make my 15 pg goal for the week.

I am also attending my first big scale conference in July. In NYC, the International Thriller Writers are holding ThrillerFest 2008. I am only going for the first two days which is called Craft Fest. I am very excited and nervous!

What has been some of your conference experiences? Like it? Love it? Hate it?

What went right? What went wrong?

I'd love to hear your input :)

Off to make lunch!

Lisa St. James
(Like it? This will be my pen name from here forward)

No comments: